Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Broke the Cardinal Rule

Yes, readers, I did it.  I broke the one rule that can never be broken... I watched the movie before I read the book.  You can do the shame-on-you head shake right about now.

Okay, so the movie that I'm talking about is The Hunger Games.  If you haven't heard of it, then you officially live under a rock. I personally liked it and would probably watch it again if given the chance.  It was a little action-y for my taste, but the romance was good :D Anyway, I thought the plot was pretty thrilling, invigorating, and exciting in an on-the-edge-of-your-seat kind of way, though it was perhaps not the best I've seen thus far.  One thing that you may or may not be surprised about: I actually cried at one point.  I won't tell you for what part, since that would be a MAJOR spoiler, but I did it.  I'm not usually that much of a sappy crier when it comes to movies, but... well, if you end up seeing it you'll know what I mean. All in all, I give the movie a four-star review.

The movie turned out so good that I'm more than ready to read the series now.  My dad already has a copy, so hopefully I'll get started today.  I will post my book review as soon as I've finished it.  Later, bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment