Monday, January 2, 2012

My Music





I believe that all who read this blog are Christians, so I hope you'll like this post.  It's a list of some awesome songs that I've heard on the Christian music channel.  If you're on the New Heart worship team, listening to these songs via Rhapsody should be easy.  If you're not, well... there's always iTunes!  Regardless, it's important for you to know what the song is saying rather than how it sounds.  It's the lyrics that make these songs shine, at least for me.

More by Matthew West - This song personally appeals to me because it talks about how your value goes beyond whatever is going on in your life.
Healing Begins by Tenth Avenue North - My favorite line in the whole song is about how "the light meets the dark."  When I first heard this song, I meditated on how whenever the light encounters darkness, the light ALWAYS overcomes.  Always. It's nice to be victorious all the time.
True Love by Phil Whickham - This is in the suggestions box on the worship team's Rhapsody account.  It talks about the true story of the greatest example of love, Jesus Christ.  If you're only going to listen to one of these songs, I would suggest that you listen to this one.
You Love Me Anyway by Sidewalk Prophets - This song is great for when you're feeling down about something and you can't help but doubt if God is with you.  You kinda get a new perspective listening to this.
What Love Really Means by JJ Heller - The end of this song really packs the punch for me.  It sounds cliché, but it really tells the listener what love really means.


B.A.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment