Sunday, May 6, 2012

Arsenic and Old Lace

Yesterday, my dad and I went to a school play featuring some kids from Play Production.  It was about two crazy old ladies who poison lonely people who come to their home.  Their nephew Mortimer is afraid that since insanity runs in the family, he will go crazy, too.  At first, the play was a little confusing and slow, but that was probably because I was a few minutes late.  However, the action really picked up and I was riveted to what was happening.  The comedy was awesome and the mystery was intriguing.  The performance of the actors was great, much to my relief, since one of them had warned me not to go on opening night; he said that they were horribly unprepared.  That's why I went yesterday instead of opening night.  They must have pulled it together by last night, though, because their talent was impressive.

Basically, the show made me appreciate theatre all the more.  I mean, I've always enjoyed watching performances like that, especially with my dad (we bond over plays like my mom and I bond over romantic chick flicks).  All in all, I give West Covina High School's rendition of Arsenic and Old Lace two thumbs up

No comments:

Post a Comment