Monday, November 12, 2012

Wreck It Ralph

Well, I haven't reviewed a movie in a while, so I'm giving this a shot.  I saw the animated movie Wreck It Ralph with my dad and sister this past Saturday, and I had a great time.  I rate it as a ten out of ten, but Dad rates it as a seven out of ten.  Why?  I have no idea.  I liked the movie for its adorkability and cheesiness.  Okay, so we have all seen the theme of wanting to be accepted by society, and instead being cruelly rejected.  The experience isn't fun, to say the least.  Wreck It Ralph, a story about a bad guy in an arcade game who's tired of being bad, puts an interesting twist to the usual motif of alienation.

From seeing the previews alone, I pretty much had all the characters pegged down.  Ralph is an average guy who's tired of his job and the lack of appreciation.  Vanellope (gosh, what a name!) is a gal with lots of attitude (which is perhaps why I love her so much) and a really soft heart once you get past the crusty surface.  Fix-it Felix is a nice guy, although I found the romantic intrigue between him and the kick-butt Sergeant Calhoun a little strange at first.  Love really crosses all boundaries, doesn't it? Now that I think about it, Felix and Calhoun remind me of a romance between an elf and a giant (yes, I literally mean an elf and a giant) in the movie Ella Enchanted.  Now there's a height difference for you!

Anyway, unconventional romances aside, I thought the movie was first-rate for passing the time with your friends.  I laughed, I nearly cried, and I enjoyed myself.  I definitely recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, at least to anyone who doesn't mind cheesiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment