Friday, September 22, 2017

Revisiting My Bucket List

It's Flashback Friday, and I am going to honor my younger (and even dorkier, if you can believe it) self by revisiting a bucket list I made back in 2012.  Five years later, we're going to see how many things I managed to accomplish.

1. Be a published author.

Technically, I have been published in a student anthology a couple of times, but I have yet to publish a novel, which I'm pretty sure is what I meant at the time.  So no.

2. Go to the East Coast.

Not yet!  Though I have been to Hawai'i.

3. Go to a foreign country.

Nyet.

4. Fall in love (with a superhero... preferably Captain America)

While my fantasy relationship with Cap is still going strong, I have yet to fall in love with a real person.  I have had my first kiss, so there's that. :D

5. Sing in a concert performance/talent show.

I did karaoke one time in high school.  I'm going to make that count.

6. Learn how to ballroom dance.

Now that I actually did learn!  I took a few lessons in college and spun around the dance floor a couple of times with friends.  I consider this one a double victory because I never stepped on my partner's toes.

7. Be one of the most popular FanFiction authors IN THE WORLD

Yeah, I actually did write that in all caps at the time.  I haven't posted fanfiction in like a year, though I did start working on something recently.  I'd hardly call myself world famous though.

8. Star in a movie/play/BROADWAY?!

Not nearly as crazy as Broadway, but I did play a disgruntled customer at a coffee shop in a ten minute play.  It was lots of fun.

9. Learn how to dive.

Nope, and I don't plan to.

10. Start a Facebook profile.

Yup, I've been on Facebook for two years now!

11. Play guitar.

I learned around the time I made this list, but I haven't played since.

12.  Go kayaking.

YES, I totally did that.  Several times!  At Catalina Island. #lifegoalachieved

13.  Go to the Grand Canyon and SCREAM MY HEAD OFF!

Haha, nope!  (Why did I want to scream my head off...?)

14. Get a makeover (that's NOT done by my mom).

No, but I should look into it.

15.  Get highlights.

I still want to do that, but I don't know how to go about it.  Do I go blond?  Or auburn?

16.  Meet a celebrity.

Yes, I have!  When I went to the BlogHer Conference in 2016, Matt McGory was a panelist and he did a brief meet and greet afterward.  I didn't know who he was at the time, but he was on a show that my roommate loved and so I filmed him saying hello to her.  Nicest guy!  And super woke.

17. Direct my own film.

Not yet.

18.  Meet Wayne Thomas Batson in person.

Nah.  I'd like to though.  Now I want to reread The Door Within.

19. Meet Chris Hopper in person.

^^

20. Release my own music album.

Sounds fun, but I don't see that in the cards.

21.  Make a comic book.

Ugh, I haven't but I want to!  Not sure if I have any ideas though.

22. Learn archery.

I could have done this at my last Fall Con at school, but I never got around to it.  And all those college years I could have taken it, too!  Clearly I didn't have my priorities straight.

All in all I've done six things on my old bucket list, which isn't bad considering I'm only twenty-two!  It's interesting to see how much I valued art and creativity even back then, from making a comic book to becoming an author to performing on stage.  I still have a few items more on this list that I'd like to cross off.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll check back in another five years to see my progress.






No comments:

Post a Comment